I Need an Extension!

DISCLAIMER: I am a CPA, but I am not your CPA. This article is for informational purposes only and is not tax or legal advice, nor can be relied upon as such. The author is not liable for any losses related to actions or failure to act related to the content of this article. If you need specific tax advice consult with a CPA who specializes in your subject matter and taxing jurisdiction.

Note: This episode was prerecorded. Due to the implications of Covid-19 all tax returns are extended to July 15th. No additional filing is required to receive the extension for July 15th. If you need additional time, File Form 4868 to receive an extension of time to file until October 15th.

April 15th is just a few weeks away and if you have not yet filed your tax return your time remaining is limited. If you know you are going to be unable to get your return complete by the deadline, then an extension might be an order for you.

In today’s episode I will be chatting about filing an extension for your federal tax return.

Listen to the Podcast


Links & Resources

3 Ways to Extend Your Tax Return

  • Make a payment on EFTPS and designate your payment as for an extension. Note: The EFTPS system requires a pre-registration process that can take 2-4 weeks.

  • Electronically File Form 4868 – IRS options for efile

  • Paper File Form 4868 and include your extension payment

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All